Apply for Disputing Salik Violations
This service enables you to apply for disputing the fines related to the Electronic Toll Road System (Salik).
- Ways to Apply
- Service Details
- Fine number
- Emirates ID
- Vehicle Ownership
- Payment Receipt
- Fine number
- Letter with the company’s bank details
- Payment receipt
- Trade license
- The customer applies for the service through Salik website, mobile application or Call Centre.
- The customer receives the dispute application reference number and then its status.
- Dispute application number and then the application status (Approval or rejection).
- If the application was approved, the fine is cancelled from the system and refunded if already paid.
Question 1: If the customer receives a Salik fine, will it increase if he does not pay it on time?
Answer 1: There are no additional fines if the customer didn't pay the fine on time.
Question 2: What are the types of Salik violations?
Answer 2: There are two types of Salik violations:
Unregistered Plate Violations (URP): This fine is registered when the customer passes through a Salik gate without registering a Salik tag on the vehicle and without applying for registering the plate within 10 working days after the toll trip.
First violation: 100 AED on the first day if the customer passes without a registered plate (maximum 1 violation per day).
Second violation: 200 AED the second day if the customer passes without a registered plate.
Third violation: 400 AED the third day if the customer passes without a registered plate.
400 AED for any violation after the third URP violation.
Note: Follow this Link to check Salik related FAQs.